BENEFITS you deserve!
Miami Wrongful Death
Wrongful death lawsuits are actions based on state statutes, which allow immediate family members of a deceased victim to recover compensation for their losses. In such cases, the victim must have died as a result of a wrongful or negligent act. The wrongful act may involve negligence such as careless or reckless driving or wrongdoing such as drunk driving. Another example of wrongful death by negligence is when a person is killed as a result of a defective product. If you believe that your loved one died as a result of negligence or wrongdoing, please contact an experienced Florida wrongful death attorney to examine your legal rights and options.Wrongful Death Claims
Losing a loved one, regardless of how or why they died, is one of the most traumatic experiences in life. No amount of money can compensate for the loss of a loved one. However, families that have lost a loved one not only experience emotional trauma, but also severe financial strain. Some families lose a member who is a primary wage earner or sole breadwinner. This can be a devastating blow for those families. Many financial losses may be sought as compensation in a wrongful death claim.
- Lost future income: All present and future wages lost by the death of a loved one may be considered.
- Burial and Funeral Expenses: Funerals can be costly and is probably the biggest expense faced by family members in the aftermath of a death.
- Medical Expenses: If the fatally injured victim received medical care before passing away, the family may pursue reimbursement of medical expenses.
- Loss of Love and Companionship: These are some of the intangibles in a wrongful death claim. When someone loses a spouse in an accident, the at-fault party may be held liable for the loss of companionship. It is tough to put a price tag on "love" and "companionship." An experienced wrongful death attorney can help family members come up with a monetary value for tangible and intangible losses suffered in a wrongful death case.
- Punitive damages: This is awarded in cases such as products liability cases where a manufacturer's negligence or wrongdoing may have caused the death. Such damages are awarded to deter such wrongdoing in the future.
All dependants and close family members may be included in a wrongful death claim. Dependants typically include spouses and children. In cases where the victim took care of his or her parents, they may be considered dependants as well. There are several types of accidents and incidents that may result in a wrongful death claim:
It is in the best interest of anyone that has lost a loved one in an accident to contact an experienced wrongful death attorney. The skilled Miami wrongful death lawyers at the Law Office of Ruth E. Johnson offer their condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one in a tragic accident. Let us help you through what is possibly the most difficult time of your life. We will fight for your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for what is truly an irreparable loss.