BENEFITS you deserve!
Miami Slip / Trip and Fall
Serious injuries can be a result of a slip-and-fall accident. After a fall injury, it is very important to confirm what caused the injury and if it could have been prevented. The injured victim may seek compensation for their damages if someone else negligence caused the injury. An experienced slip and fall attorney should be contacted to assist the injured victim evaluate liability and seek fair compensation for their losses, injuries, and damages.Causes of Slip-and-Fall Injuries
In Florida, many hazardous causes can end up in a slip and fall injury:
- Slippery Floors: Warning posts when a floor is slippery or wet need to be put up by the building owner.
- Broken Steps: Dangerous trip and fall accidents can be caused by cracked and broken stairs. The building owner is the one responsible to repair any damages the stairs have as soon as possible.
- Uneven Floors: Uneven or cracked floors premises can cause falling accidents. If in a property this issue is frequent, the hazardous areas should be carefully marked by the owner.
- Workplace Injuries: Falling accidents are more notorious particularly in workplaces like construction sites. A safe work environment is a responsibility to be provided by the property owners and employers.
For the injured victim the amount of the settlement available may be determined by how much negligence was a factor in the accident. The injured victim will have to answer these questions:
- At the time of the accident, did you have a justifiable reason for being where you were?
- At the time of the accident, were you acting within reason?
- Were there any signs that you notice notifying the public of the hazardous conditions?
- Were you able to see the dangerous conditions before the incident?
Proving Liability for a Slip / Trip and Fall Accident
The owner is not automatically liable for the injuries someone else suffered simply because he or she felled on their property. The plaintiff needs to prove that his or her injuries were a result of the defendants’ negligence in some way, this is required to have a successful claim. A history of negligence or dangerous conditions can be proven by reviewing a history of the accidents on a site. Interviewing witnesses of the accident can also help strengthen a claim. The victim was injured by a hazardous condition and the property owner knew and failed to protect everyone from that condition, but this hazardous condition needs to be clear that existed.How Much is your Slip-and-Fall Claim Worth?
Depending on the severity of the injury suffered and how much extent of negligence is part of the property owner is the value of the claim. In a successful personal injury claim, all medical bills present and future that are related to the accident may be covered. Also, lost wages due to financial losses and the cost of therapy can be considered in a claim. Compensation for mental anguish and physical pain suffered may be considered as non-financial losses. Inadequate settlement like not cover the full costs of an injury can be a result of failing to have a skilled personal injury attorney by your side.
Following a Florida slip and fall accident, the personal injury attorneys at the Law Office of Ruth E. Johnson will help the injured victims receive the compensation they deserve. Our experienced attorneys offer free case consultations, contact us today!