BENEFITS you deserve!
A product may be defective if it is defectively designed or manufactured or improperly marketed. Defective products have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries or even fatalities. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product in Florida, please remember that you do have legal rights. A reputed products liability lawyer can help you understand those rights and assist you with filing a claim against the manufacturer of the defective product.Common Types of Defective Products
Any product may be considered defective if it causes an injury while being used in the manner it was intended. Certain products are notorious for being defective.
- Household Appliances: When a defective toaster, dryer, microwave, or oven causes a fire, the victims may sustain devastating burn injuries. Such accidents could also cause severe property damage.
- Tire Defects: Defective tires can result in loss of vehicle control and cause serious car accidents. Tire tread separation or tire blowouts are common consequences of faulty tires.
- Defective drugs: Every year, numerous defective drugs are put on the market without proper testing. Although these drugs are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a number of them have serious side effects, which are not detected early enough.
- Children’s Toys and Furniture: Children are particularly vulnerable to dangerous products. Defective cribs, especially drop-side cribs, have been known to trap and suffocate newborns. These types of cribs were recently banned by the U.S. government. Toys that present choking or laceration hazards or those that have high lead or cadmium content can also cause serious damage to the health and well-being of children.
- Auto Defects: Some common auto defects include faulty brakes, steering, airbags, seatbelts, seatbacks, and engines. A defective auto could cause a serious car accident or fail to protect a vehicle's occupants in the event of a serious crash.
- Dangerous medical devices: Implants that have a manufacturing or design defects can cause pain or result in unnecessary surgery for patients.
It is important to speak with an attorney regarding the many potentially liable parties for a defective product. The chances of receiving fair compensation for a product defect claim may depend upon the number of defendants. A skilled attorney can help injured victims determine who should be included in a defective product case.
- Product Designer: The design of certain products makes them inherently dangerous.
- Product Manufacturer: Sometimes the design of a product is adequate, but there may be manufacturing defects. In these types of cases, a specific line of products may be deemed defective.
- Product Distributor: All parties involved in the chain of distribution of a defective product may be held liable for the injuries suffered.
Holding a major corporation liable for a defective product can be a complicated and challenging process. Victims of defective products in Miami would be well-advised to seek the support of a skilled personal injury attorney with experience handling similar cases. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, contact the Law Office of Ruth E. Johnson for a free and comprehensive consultation. We will hold the manufacturer of the defective product accountable and help you obtain maximum compensation for all your injuries, damages, and losses.