BENEFITS you deserve!
Miami Motorcycle Accident
In Florida, a great way to move around is by riding a motorcycle. That said, motorcyclists face significant hazards in the roadways of Florida. Motorcycle riding can be risky due to several dangers, from negligent drivers to dangerous roadways. An experienced Miami motorcycle accident lawyer will assist you in understanding your rights and options if you or a loved one have been injured by someone else’s negligence.Florida Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In 2019, according to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, a total of 550 fatalities were a result of motorcycle accidents in Florida. In 2018, accidents resulting in motorcycles were reduced to 531 fatalities. To recover losses from the injuries such as loss of earnings and medical expenses, victims of motorcycle accidents will need to file a personal injury claim. In a motorcycle accident, if a family member was killed you may file a claim in wrongful death to recover losses expenses such as funeral and lost future wages.Causes of Miami Motorcycle Crashes
For serious motorcycle accidents some potential causes can be:
- Drunk drivers: Under Florida Statute 316.193(b) it is illegal to drive with a blood-alcohol level of 0.08 or higher. Many motorcycle accidents are a result of people driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs because they fail to look out in roadways or at street intersections for motorcycles.
- Motorcycle defects: Braking, steering, and acceleration are flaws in which motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable. It is a good idea to maintain the vehicle damaged in case of any inspections if the motorcyclist is injured in a single-vehicle accident. The inspection will lead to proving that the accident was due to an auto defect. In this type of case, the manufacturer of the motorcycle or the manufacturer of the defective part could be held liable.
- Hazardous roadways: Motorcyclists are endangering due to failure in maintaining safe roadways. A motorcycle can be caused to veer out of control if going at a high speed and hit a pothole or uneven surface.
- Distracted drivers: In Florida, driving inattentively is a serious issue. A motorcyclist could be put in danger if a nearby driver lets his or her car veer out of traffic. It is also less likely that a distracted driver properly yields right of way to riders in motorcycles.
- Reckless motorists: Everyone on the roadway is at risk of injury from a reckless driver. Florida Statute 316.192 considers reckless driving “Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property”.
Rides almost don’t have protection riding motorcycles. Death or catastrophic injuries can be a result of a serious motorcycle accident. Any person may seek compensation if injured by a negligent driver in a Miami motorcycle accident by filing a personal injury claim. Medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages can be provided by the at-fault driver if held liable.
At the Law Office of Ruth E. Johnson, our personal injury attorneys have protected the rights of motorcyclists in Florida many times. Contact us today for your free and confidential consultation if you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident.