BENEFITS you deserve!
Miami Car Accidents
In Florida, every day someone is injured or killed in a car accident. If you or someone you loved has been injured by a negligent driver, speaking with an experienced Miami personal injury attorney might be in your best interest. To be able to go through the complicated process you will require an experienced accident lawyer that can help you pursue fair compensation, and you will only need to focus on your recovery. As an injured victim in Florida, you should know your rights and the important steps to take after being injured in a car accident to ensure you are protected.Florida Car Accident Statistics
In 2018, according to The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department, a total of 3,135 fatalities were a result of Florida car accidents. In 2019, the number of people killed resulting from car crashes in Florida increased to 3,185. From the fatalities mentioned before, drivers under the influence of alcohol caused 372 car accidents in 2018 and 378 car accidents in 2019.Steps to Take Following a Florida Car Accident
It is well-advised that an injured victim should follow this number of steps after a car accident to protect his or her rights:
- Notify the authorities: The police need to be notified of any car accidents, more so if someone is injured. Your side of the story must be stated in the police report. If you called the police but they didn’t show up at the site of the crash, you need to file a report within 24 hours at the station. Recollect information: take note of the license and insurance information of the other driver. Take the contact information of any person that witnessed the accident, his or her information might be useful for your case as well.
- Take notes: After a car accident your heart and mind might be racing, but it is important to calm down and take deep breaths. You should start writing down the details about the accident like where you are, what time the accident occurred, where are you injured, if you are in pain or anything you think might be relevant. You need to have this information clear and need to be consistent with it because you will be asked these questions over and over.
- Take photos: Your cell phone can be used to take pictures. Take pictures of the damages done to the vehicle, the location of the accident, a picture of the crash itself, and the injuries you suffered if visible.
- Seek medical attention: For your well and to make a speedy recovery you should seek medical attention immediately. These records will serve as evidence to prove that you suffer injuries and that they were sustained in a car accident.
- Call an experienced personal injury attorney: An insurance company makes a profit when they deny a claim. An experienced personal injury attorney will work on your behalf with the insurance company to make sure you will receive the maximum settlement possible.
By filing a personal injury claim the injured victims can pursue compensation for their damages and losses. The injured victim may seek compensation for all related injuries medical expenses, physical pain, emotional distress, and lost income. At the Law Office of Ruth E. Johnson, you can receive a free case evaluation if you were injured by a negligent driver. The Miami accident lawyers at our office help victims assess liability and hold accountable the at-fault driver for the injuries they caused. If you want to discuss your options and legal rights, contact us today.