BENEFITS you deserve!
Miami Back Injury
Back injuries can be caused by anything from a fall to an auto accident. Whatever the cause, back injuries can be extremely painful and require extended treatment and therapy. Anyone who has suffered a back injury in an accident or as a result of someone else's negligence may be able to pursue financial compensation for his or her losses by filing a personal injury claim. In such cases, victims would be well-advised to speak with an experienced back injury attorney to discuss their legal rights and options.Common Causes of Back Injuries
- Car Accidents: Sudden pressure exerted on the spinal cord in a serious car accident can result in a devastating back injury. Following a crash, the injured victim will have to prove who was responsible for the collision. If the back injury victim can prove that the other driver was at fault for the crash, then the negligent driver may be held civilly liable for the damages.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents: A dangerous slip-and-fall accident can happen anywhere and at any time. Property owners who allow dangerous conditions to exist on their property may be held liable for accidents that occur on their premises.
- Workplace Injuries: Workplace back injuries can result from falling accidents, lifting heavy weights, or repetitive motions.
- Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents: Bikes and motorcycles offer little to no protection to their riders. Whenever there is a serious accident, there is a chance of a back injury.
A skilled back injury attorney will carefully review the circumstances of an injury to determine the true financial value of the potential claim.
- Spinal Cord Damage: When the spinal cord is cut or damaged in an accident, the results can be catastrophic. Victims of spinal cord damage near the upper back or neck may lose the use of their arms and legs. Spinal cord damage located in the lower back may result in other disabilities relating to the lower body.
- Herniated Discs: Spongy discs cushion the vertebrae that form the spine. The spine's shock absorbers are these discs. When these discs are damaged or dislocated, it may result in severe pain, numbness, and backaches.
- Spinal Stenosis: This is when pressure is exerted onto the spinal cord. This may result in weakness of the limbs or numbness.
- Spondylolisthesis: This is when a vertebra slips onto a bone below it. This may result in muscle tightness, pain, and tenderness.
It is important that victims of back injuries immediately seek medical attention. Some back injuries take time to fully manifest and an early diagnosis can greatly increase the chances of a full recovery. Additionally, seeing a doctor will create a medical record that can be used to bolster or support a future personal injury claim.
If you or someone you love has sustained back injuries as a result of someone else's negligence, please contact the law offices of Ruth E. Johnson to determine your legal rights and options. We understand the financial burden a back injury can cause. Call us today to schedule your free consultation and comprehensive claim evaluation.